The Jaffray Centre is partnering with the TIM Centre at Tyndale to offer an Intercultural Competency Training module this fall. The module is designed to help equip New Canadians in ministry to engage with the diverse Canadian context they are ministering in. This is a pilot project, and we would really like for you to be a part of it to provide your feedback.
The three month course will include in-person and online training with both individual and group components. The training schedule includes:
1) Attend an Orientation Session: The orientation will take 1.5 hours, and participants can choose to attend either in Calgary or Edmonton.
- Calgary: at Ambrose University September 27, 2017 from 7:30-9:00 pm
- Edmonton: at the Millbourne Community Life Centre on September 30, 2017 from 9:30-11:00 am
2) Complete the IDI Assessment: this online assessment will take approximately 30 minutes and should be completed the week following the orientation.
3) Debriefing with a Coach: After completing the assessment a qualified consultant from the TIM Centre will arrange a time to debrief by Phone or Skype.
4) Complete Online Tutorials: There are four online modules which the participant can complete at their own pace (see attached document for details on the content of the modules). It is recommend that participants do one module every two weeks (8 weeks total). It will take participants approximately 1.5 hours each week to complete the tutorials.
5) Attend the Group Training Session: A half day group training seminar will be scheduled for January (in both Calgary and Edmonton). This session will review the content of the tutorials while reflecting and discussing the practical application of the content to life and ministry.
6) Complete the Second IDI Assessment: A second online assessment will be completed to show areas of growth. A second debrief with a coach can be arranged on request.
The Bible League of Canada is providing scholarships for New Canadian leaders, so the fees for assessments, coaching, and training are fully covered. The only cost to participants is a $20 fee to help cover the various administrative expenses.
There are limited spaces available, so we encourage you to let us know as soon as possible if this is something you are considering. Also, please let us know of anyone else who may be interested in participating in this training opportunity, and we’ll pass along an invitation to them as well.