Allow me to first thank you all for an amazing year in 2016, it was a tough year for many of us but we did so well plowing through it together. We created so many new ministries here with your help, and hopefully many more to come. Here are a little update about the centre and the programs we plan to have in 2017:
- City South Church joining us starting 2017, with regular Sunday Services from 10 – 11:30am, followed by Children program
- Free ESL Lessons hosted by Millwoods Friendship Centre resuming on the 9th January, on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 1 – 3pm.
- Conversation Cafe hosted by Central Baptist Church resuming on the 14th January, on Saturdays from 10am – 12pm.
- Food Bank Pick Ups partnering with The Mustard Seed on Wednesdays from 1 – 3pm. (Food Bank Clients Only)
- Youth Drop-in hosted by Youth Unlimited resuming on the 9th January, on Mondays & Fridays from 3:30pm – 5:30pm
- Moms Pop-in hosted by Central Baptist Church resuming on the 13th January, on Fridays from 10am – 12pm
- Hymn Sing hosted by MCLC, usually on the last Sunday of each month, next one is on the 29th January from 7 – 8pm
- …Along with other great regular programs such as Refugee Clinic, WECAN Food Basket, Community Food Pantry
With great joy i would like to give you a little hint of what we plan to be doing in 2017….we plan to have :
Missional Educational Modules partnering with the Jaffray Centre from Ambrose University providing weekend courses on working with New Canadians
Free Tax Clinic partnering with E4C, providing tax reporting service to lower income residents
Youth Chefs for children between grade 6-12, learning nutritious yet delicious dishes
Summer Sport Camps including Soccer, Basketball and may be Baseball as well
Bicycle Safety Rodeo where children can learn how to do simple bike repairs and how to ride better
Community Yard Sale of our own, imagine everyone outside on the lawn interacting with the community
Joint Youth Program between the four congregations, drawing different cultures closer together
Please let us know if you know anyone who may be interested in volunteering for any of the programs above, any contribution will be greatly appreciated.